Just imagine that you are on a road trip somewhere in Switzerland, and you are moving forward like anything. You see that there is a heavy snowfall outside, and still you are running ahead. Imagine the thrill you could have at that time and if you get into a powerful vehicle like the 2018 Acura MDX, then it will be like adding sparkles.
The automobile industry has witnessed a tremendous growth in the SUV section. In this context, it is important to mention that Honda is once more going to enthral its buyers with the launch of their latest vehicle. Yes, the 2018 Acura MDX has been green lighted, and it is expected that this time also it will be as exciting as ever.
2018 Acura MDX – Design and Modeling
Apart from the use of lightweight materials for its body structure such as aluminium and carbon fibre, this latest upcoming vehicle is also going to have cosmetic changes.
- The outer style will be upgraded through the latest grille and bold designing.
- The materials which are going to be used for its construction are strong (carbon fibre and aluminium), and they will also keep the vehicle dent free.
- This time, there will be an assortment of standard safety features such as forward collision warning system, front and side airbags, traction control, rear-view camera, etc.
- Inside the cabin, buyers will also get liberal lodges, upgraded atmosphere control, ventilated seats, advanced infotainment system, etc.
Powertrain of 2018 Acura MDX
- For 2018 model, the makers of 2018 MDX are expected to power this vehicle with 3.5-liter V6 powertrain. As per sources, the same will be mated with 9-speed automatic transmission.
- The displacement unit to be used for this vehicle is considered to Honda’s finest powerful engine, and it will generate the power of 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
- The base version of 2018 Acura MDX will be launched with front wheel drive, and when it comes to its hybrid model, it will be equipped with Super Handling all-wheel drive technology.
- The fuel consumption level is also going to excellent (very low) for this vehicle, as of now the exact figures are yet to be announced by its makers.
- Coming to its EPA ratings, the 2018 Acura MDX will offer 18 mpg in city, 27 mpg on highways and 21 mpg on combined basis when it is mated with front wheel drive. On another hand, it will offer 28/20/21 miles per gallon in city roads, highways and on combined basis when it will be with SH-AWD (Super Handling All Wheel Drive).
Information related to its top speed and 0-60 mph sprint is not available, but according to some sources, figures will be better than its previous models.
Yes, the makers are expected to use a new platform for Acura MD 2018, and it will be same as for the Honda Pilot. This new platform is going to provide lots of advantages, and one of them is that it will increase its interior space. This SUV will have 3 seating rows, and there will be enough space for all the occupants.
2018 Acura MDX – Expected Date of Arrival and Price
- Price: Around $44,000
- Release Date: 2nd quarter of 2017