Well, if you are looking for a car that will rule your heart and which comes with dual function then nothing can be better than 2018 Acura RDX. The designers are expected to build this car with utmost luxury and sporty features which make it the best vehicle for those who want to enjoy driving and sports functionality along with comfort.
This upcoming model has been seen in concept renderings, and every car enthusiasts have expectations regarding its looks, but so far nothing notable is known. Still, it can be said that there will be something more than spectacular.
2018 Acura RDX – External Body Parts and Inner Cosmetic Changes
The 2018 Acura RDX is going to be an elegant crossover SUV which is more technologically advanced than any of the Honda manufactured SUV’s out there in the market. Let’s see the list of probable changes to be made in the vehicle.
- This time around, the makers are expected to use larger wheels of 18 inches, and there will be improved suspension system.
- For the upcoming model, it is expected that the makers will use new modular platform that was mainly developed for Honda CR-V. The use of latest platform suggests that there will be significant weight reduction.
- The automakers are also expected to use ‘gem eye’ LED headlamps in 2018 Acura RDX that will produce bright white light and will be really exciting while driving through dark roads. It will also be incorporated with back perspective cam, breakdown help, path partition help, etc.
- Driving payload volume is going to raise by 26.1 cubic feet behind, and 61.3 with seats folded.
- There will also be features like AcuraWatch Plus, Innovation Plan, etc.
- Buyers will get fine calfskin upholstery inside its cabin, and there will be multi-zone atmosphere control system
Powertrain Features of 2018 Acura RDX
As of now, this model is speculated to be available in 3.5-liter V6 engine, but it seems that it will not be the only version for buyers. From now itself there has been much anticipation in the automobile industry regarding its specs. Let’s see what sort of offerings buyers can get from the makers.
For Acura RDX 2018, makers are expected to go for a hybrid powertrain, just what they did with NSX. So, they might use small 2.0-liter engine along with a set of 2 or 3 electric motors. Rumours say that it will generate a power of up to 350 hp.
It is also expected that Acura RDX 2018 will be equipped with either 3-liter or 3.5-liter turbocharged V6 petrol aluminium alloy engine. Experts say that this engine will generate power of 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. The powertrain is also likely to be mated with the 6-speed auto transmission.
EPA ratings suggest that it will be around 20/28/23 miles per gallon in city/highway/ combined for front-wheel-drive. For AWD it will be around 19 mpg in city roads, 27 mpg on highways and 22 mpg on combined basis. The powertrain is also equipped with Drive by wire throttle system.
2018 Acura RDX – Competitors, Price, Release Date
Contenders of 2018 Acura RDX
- Cadillac XT5
- BMW X4
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
Expected price range – between $35,600 to $43,000
Expected date of launch – fall of 2017.